BMI Member FAQs

« Back to FAQs International

Is the direct deposit payment method available to non US- residents?

I live in a foreign country. Can I affiliate with BMI?

I am a BMI affiliate. I have entered into a sub-publishing deal for representation in foreign countries. How does it work?

Does BMI monitor my performances overseas?

I am a BMI writer or composer. How does BMI collect my foreign performance royalties?

My music is copyrighted in the United States. How do I protect my copyrights overseas?

My work is protected overseas. Is it protected in the United States?

I am BMI writer whose songs are being performed in other countries. Do I have to register my works with each performing rights society?

I am a BMI writer or composer. My music is being released overseas. What do I have to do to receive my royalties?

I am a BMI writer or composer. A friend heard my music on the radio in another country. How come I haven’t received my performance royalties?

I am a BMI writer or composer and I am receiving performances in foreign countries. How long will it take to receive my royalties?

Why does it take so long to receive my foreign performance royalties?

I am touring in a foreign country. I heard I can receive performance royalties from these countries. Is this true?

I composed music for a film overseas. Is it true that I get performance royalties for performances in cinemas? What do I have to do?

I would like a list of publishing contacts overseas.

Can BMI exploit my music overseas?

I am a member of a foreign rights society. Where can I get answers to my questions?

How do I report a classical performance that occurred outside the United States?

What tax forms are required if I am not a resident of the U.S.?

Need Support?

Can't find something you are looking for? Contact us.