BMI Member FAQs

« Back to FAQs I composed music for a film overseas. Is it true that I get performance royalties for performances in cinemas? What do I have to do?

The international rights societies pay royalties on music performed in cinemas or theaters. If you are aware that a particular movie is playing in a cinema or theater you should speak with your production company and have them provide a cue sheet to BMI especially if the film was not released in the United States. Also, if you are aware that the name of a particular movie has been changed into another language, you should contact the International Administration Department.

Need Support?

Can't find something you are looking for? Contact us.