Music Licensing for Coffee Shops

Do you have questions about music licensing and how it affects your coffee shop?  Please review our list of Licensing Frequently Asked Questions.

BMI’s license for coffee shops provides copyright clearance for all of the BMI music you play for a flat fee.  To qualify you must meet the following criteria:

  • You do not sell alcohol
  • You do not charge an admission fee
  • Your occupancy is 50 or less

If you do not meet the previously mentioned criteria and would still like information about licensing your business; please review our license for eating and drinking establishments.