or search Songview
Endurance/Racing Events cover image

Music Licensing for Endurance/Racing Events

BMI Makes It Simple to License Music for Endurance and Racing Events

​Whether it’s played during pre-race warmups or throughout the race, music entertains the crowd and keeps the participants motivated. Music is also very popular at celebratory post-race parties. A BMI music license gives you copyright clearance to play songs in BMI’s award-winning repertoire and ensures that music creators are fairly compensated for their work. Here’s how you can get started:

Call (888) 689-5264 to get
a license over the phone.


Fill out our Online Form and a BMI Representative will get back to you with more information.

BMI’s Music License Saves You Time & Money

  • SAVE TIME & MONEY A BMI license saves you the time and expense of contacting each songwriter or composer for the permission needed to play their music publicly at your events.
    • Additional discounts are available through our RUSA and RRCA group license agreements.
  • SIMPLICITY Eliminates complex reporting and allows you to make music use changes online or over the phone.
    • Pay your bill online securely and easily.
    • Schedule your payments by choosing the billing plan that is right for your business. You can also opt for automated payments.
Questions About Music Licensing for Endurance/Racing Events

See below for the most common music licensing questions for endurance/racing events.  If you have additional questions, please review our full list of Licensing FAQs or contact a BMI representative.

Yes. If an event is classified as a benefit, or is free to participants, it does not make the event exempt for public performance within the copyright law.

The number of participants is an objective and tangible measure used to determine the size of an event. Determining the size of an event ensures consistency in licensing rates within the market.

If you use a Commercial Music Service (CMS) that is licensed with BMI, there are some limitations to what its license with BMI covers. Contact BMI to understand if those limitations impact your event.