BMI writers receive a 15% discount off the standard one-year membership fee of $50. Dues-paying members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- the opportunity to vote (with the exception of Associate Members) in SHOF's annual fall elections to determine who will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame the following spring
- the chance to participate in members-only showcase and workshop programs
- a subscription to "Words About Music," the newsletter of SHOF/NAPM
- quarterly NAPM events fliers with information about networking meetings and open mics
- an invitation to the annual SHOF Awards Dinner held each year.
To be entered in the drawing, sign up for membership now through the "Platinum Privileges" zone in the online services area.
BMI has played a vital role in the development and growth of the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the list of BMI songwriting greats honored by the organization includes Chuck Berry, Dave Bartholomew, Fats Domino, Felice & Boudleaux Bryant, Pete Seeger, Carole King, Sting (PRS), Barry Manilow, Queen, Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, Emilio & Gloria Estefan, Eric Clapton (PRS), Paul Simon, Brian Wilson, Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff, Holland-Dozier-Holland and Barry, Maurice & Robin Gibb.
The National Academy of Popular Music/Songwriters Hall of Fame was founded in 1969 by songwriter Johnny Mercer and publishers Abe Olman and Howie Richmond. The NAPM/SHOF is also devoted to the development of new songwriting talent through workshops, showcases and scholarships.