April 30, 2014
Composer Mychael Danna To Receive Richard Kirk Award at BMI Film & Television Awards in Beverly Hills on May 14
Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®), the leading global music rights organization, to honor Oscar Award-winning composer Mychael Danna. Additional invited guests include:
- David Buckley (The Good Wife)
- Stanley Clarke (The Best Man Holiday)
- Danny Elfman (American Hustle, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Epic)
- Mark Isham (42)
- Christopher Lennertz (Ride Along)
- Mark Mothersbaugh (The LEGO Movie, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, Regular Show)
- Blake Neely (Resurrection, The Mentalist, Arrow)
- Thomas Newman (Saving Mr. Banks)
- James Newton Howard (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)
- Atli Orvarsson (Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D.)
- John Ottman (Non-Stop)
- Michael Penn (Masters of Sex)
- Mike Post (Law & Order: SVU)
- Theodore Shapiro (We’re the Millers)
- Ed Shearmur (Devious Maids)
- Brian Tyler (Thor: The Dark World, Now You See Me, Hawaii Five-0)
- Snuffy Walden (Under the Dome)
- Junkie XL (Divergent, 300: Rise of an Empire)
- BMI’s Film & Television Awards is a black-tie optional, invitation-only dinner that salutes the composers of the past year’s top-grossing films, top-rated primetime network television series and highest-ranking cable network programs.
- BMI Vice President, Film/TV Relations, Doreen Ringer-Ross, BMI CEO Mike O’Neill and BMI President Del Bryant will host the event.
Wednesday, May 14. Press check-in will be at 6:00 p.m.; arrivals begin at 7:00 p.m.; awards begin at approximately 9 p.m. Access is for arrivals only.
Beverly Wilshire Hotel
9500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
To request press credentials visit http://www.bmi.com/press#credentials. Press credentials will be for red-carpet arrivals only. A limited amount of media will be credentialed to cover the awards ceremony. Video and high-resolution photos from the event will be available.
Photo and video footage - Event EPK will include interviews and the Richard Kirk Award acceptance speech.
Handout footage will be available by request and via EPK link: http://www.epklink.com/2014bmifilmtvawards/
BMI does not grant nor give the license agreement for streaming or downloadable performance video footage that might be shot or obtained at this awards show. The media outlet is responsible for all of its own clearance agreements for duration of use for online or broadcast use.
Celebrating 75 years of service to songwriters, composers, music publishers and businesses, Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 8.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 600,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI’s repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites, span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit http://www.bmi.com, follow us on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music, Inc.’s Facebook page.
Marlene Meraz / BMI
Jamil Walker / BMI