February 20, 2014
Carlos Vives To Receive BMI President’s Award at 21st Annual BMI Latin Music Awards Ceremony in Las Vegas
Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®), a global leader in music rights management; GRAMMY award and seven-time Latin GRAMMY award-winning Colombian superstar, singer, composer and actor Carlos Vives; and the world’s top Latin music songwriters, composers and publishers.
The event will be hosted by BMI President Del Bryant, BMI Vice President, Latin Music Delia Orjuela and BMI Chief Executive Officer Michael O’Neill.
- BMI’s 21st Annual Latin Music Awards, Tuesday, March 11, at the Bellagio Ballroom at Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas.
- Carlos Vives to receive BMI President’s Award. With a career spanning 20 years, including Latin GRAMMY nominations for songs such as “Fruta Fresca,” “Dejame Entrar,” and “Como Tu,” GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY award-winning album Déjame Entrar, Latin GRAMMY award-winning albums El Rock de Mi Pueblo, Volví a Nacer and Corazón Profundo, along with sold-out tours and superior record sales, Vives’ success underscores his role as one of Latin music’s most beloved pioneers. Vives will soon be releasing a highly anticipated new album.
- The ceremony will also honor the songwriters and publishers of the most-performed Latin songs on U.S. radio and television from the company’s repertoire of more than 8.5 million musical works.
- BMI will unveil the Latin Song of the Year, Songwriter of the Year and Publisher of the Year. Previous BMI Latin Award winners include superstars Juanes, Shakira, Estéfano, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Wisin & Yandel, Espinoza Paz, Carlos Santana and others.
- 2014 BMI President’s Award honoree Carlos Vives
- Roberto Tapia; Mario Quintero; Larry Hernandez; Oscarcito
- J Alvarez; Elvis Crespo; A.B. Quintanilla
- Frankie J; 24 Horas & more.
- The Bellagio Ballroom
- Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas
- 3600 Las Vegas Blvd S. Las Vegas, NV 89109
WHEN: Tuesday, March 11
- Press check-in will be at 5:00 p.m.
- Arrivals begin at 6:00 p.m.
- Line closes at 8 p.m. Access is for arrivals only.
- To request press credentials, visit: http://www.bmi.com/press#credentials.
- Press credentials will be for red carpet arrivals only.
- A limited amount of media will be credentialed to cover the awards ceremony.
- Video and high-resolution photos from the event will be available.
- Photo and video footage: Event EPK will include interviews, performances and the BMI President’s Award acceptance speech.
- Handout footage will be available by request and via EPKlink: http://www.epklink.com/bmilatinawards2014/
BMI does not grant nor give the license agreement for streaming or downloadable performance video footage that might be shot or obtained at this awards show. The media outlet is responsible for all of its own clearance agreements for duration of use for online or broadcast use.
Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 8.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 600,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI’s repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites, span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit http://www.bmi.com, follow us on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music, Inc.’s Facebook page.
For more information contact:
Office 310-289-6325 / Cell 310-500-7177