October 9, 2013
BMI Taps Sultry Duo “The Peach Kings” as Pick of the Month
WHO: Broadcast Music, Inc.®, (BMI®), a global leader in music rights management & singer-songwriters The Peach Kings.
WHAT: The Peach Kings, http://thepeachkings.com/, to be featured as BMI’s October Pick of the Month.
• The Peach Kings consist of Texas-born Paige McClain Wood and Silver Lake, Los Angeles native Steven Trezevant Dies.
• The band currently resides and works in Los Angeles.
• Stripped down, The Peach Kings’ sound rests on the dynamic between Paige’s classically trained, yet purposefully unorthodox vocals and Steven’s tendency toward riff-based guitar.
• What you end up with is a mixture somewhere between Portishead and Led Zeppelin, The Kills and Nancy Sinatra, The Cramps and Roy Orbison.
• While certain blues and doo-wop influences are obvious and undeniable, The Peach Kings arrive at a sound that is wholly their own; music that is modern, yet timeless.
• Delightful Peach King reviews at Interview magazine, Buzzbands LA, Pasadena Weekly & thegrapevinemusic.com
• Forthcoming EP Mojoe Thunder to be released this fall.
• Follow The Peach Kings on Twitter @thepeachkings, Instagram or via Facebook
WHERE: The Bootleg (2220 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90057)
WHEN: Tuesday, October 15, 2013. The Peach Kings will perform at 9:00 p.m.
WHY: BMI “Pick of the Month” is a monthly showcase highlighting fierce new bands or solo artists. Designed to elevate performers already poised for breakthroughs, the series further introduces auspicious up-and-comers to both the industry and general public in a top-tier Los Angeles venue for discounted admission. Past BMI “Picks” include Lady Gaga, Macy Gray, Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros and 3oh!3.
Marlene Meraz, BMI