August 14, 2013
Cash Money’s “Birdman” and “Slim” to be named BMI Icons at 2013 BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards
The event will also bestow the Social Star Award along with R&B/Hip-Hop Songwriter, Producer and Publisher of the Year crystals
Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®), the leading global music rights organization, to honor Cash Money Records’ Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams with the BMI Icon Award at the 2013 BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards. Additional invited guests include:
- 2013 BMI Icons Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams;
- Lil Wayne (“Lollipop”); Drake (“Started From The Bottom”); Juvenile (“Ha”); Estelle (“American Boy”);
- Ace Hood (“Bugatti”); DJ Khaled (“All I Do Is Win”); Brandy Norwood (“Wildest Dreams”);
- Elle Varner (“Refill”); Mannie Fresh (“Back That Azz Up”); Benny Blanco (Maroon 5, Katy Perry);
- Eric Bellinger (Chris Brown, Usher); Busta Rhymes (“I Know What You Want”); Mystikal (“Danger”);
- French Montana (“Ain’t Worried Bout Nothin”); Future (“Turn On The Lights”);
- Ja Rule (“Always On Time”); Jerry “Wonda” Duplessis ( The Fugees, Miguel);
- Curren$y (“Mary”); Sean Kingston ( “Beautiful Girls”); Tristan Wilds ( Red Tails);
- Mario (“Let Me Love You”); Salaam Remi ( Amy Winehouse, Nas); Bow Wow ( 106 & Park)
- PJ Morton (“Only One”); Turk (“It’s In Me”); Sean Garrett (Beyonce, Usher);
- Ray J ( “One Wish”); MC Hammer (“U Can’t Touch This”); Andrew “Pop” Wansel ( Alicia Keys);
- Makeba Riddick (Beyoncé, Rihanna), Joe Budden (“Pump It Up”); and more hit-making songwriters.
- BMI’s 2013 R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, formerly known as the BMI Urban Awards, draws the entire entertainment community together to celebrate the songwriters, producers and publishers of the most-performed R&B/Hip-Hop songs of the previous year.
- The BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards will include an all-star musical tribute to Cash Money Records’ Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams, as well as the presentation of the Social Star Award and R&B/Hip-Hop Songwriter, Producer and Publisher of the Year crystals.
- BMI President & CEO Del Bryant and Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations Catherine Brewton will share the evening’s hosting duties with recording artist Ray J.
- Thursday, August 22, 2013
- Press check-in will be at 4:00 p.m.
- Arrivals begin at 5:00 p.m.; awards begin at approximately 8:30 p.m. Access is for arrivals only.
The Manhattan Center
311 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
- PRESS CREDENTIALS: To request press credentials visit http://www.bmi.com/press/credential/562235. Press credentials will be for red-carpet arrivals only. A limited amount of media will be credentialed to cover the awards ceremony.
- COVERAGE INFORMATION: Video and high-resolution photos from the event will be available. Event EPK will include video interviews and the BMI Icon Award acceptance speech. Handout footage will be available by request and via EPK link: http://www.EPKLink.com/BMIRBHipHopAwards2013
- Photos will also be available for download after the event at BMI.com/press – (username: bmimedia; password: songwriter).
- BMI does not grant nor give the license agreement for streaming of downloadable performance video footage that might be shot or obtained at this awards show. Each media outlet is responsible for all of its own clearance agreements for duration of use for online or broadcast use.
- To join the conversation about the Awards, use hashtag #BMIRnBHipHopAwards.
Jamil Walker / BMI New York
Vickie Charles/ Cash Money/Young Money/Republic Records