July 31, 2013
Hot new Trio U.G.L.Y Tapped as BMI’s August Pick of the Month
Broadcast Music, Inc.®, (BMI®), a global leader in music rights management & singer/songwriters U.G.L.Y.
BMI “Pick of the Month,” a monthly showcase highlighting fierce new bands or solo artists. Designed to elevate performers already poised for breakthroughs, the series further introduces auspicious up-and-comers to both the industry and general public in a top-tier Los Angeles venue for discounted admission. Past BMI “Picks” include Lady Gaga, Macy Gray, Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros, and 3oh!3.
The Roxy (9009 W. Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood, 90069)
Thursday, August 8, 2013. U.G.L.Y performance at 10:30 p.m.
- Hot new trio Mijo, Braxton, and Stormi, otherwise known as U.G.L.Y. (Under Greatness Lies You) introduce their electro-bass mashup sound with their highly anticipated debut single “REDD” featuring Maad Scientist.
- Popstar Chris Brown directed the exciting video which premiered on MTV2 and MTV Hits. The official single for “Redd” is now available on iTunes.
- Stormi hails from Tennessee, where she performed in regional theatre and studied opera and country music. She holds the title of 2009 “Miss Teen USA,” and competed on Season 10 of American Idol.
- Mijo was born and raised in inner-city Los Angeles where he grew up dancing and singing in a local R&B group. He co-starred in David LaChapelle’s acclaimed 2005 underground dance documentary Rize and went on to tour extensively with Chris Brown.
- Braxton’s guitar prowess and punk/reggae roots growing up in Hawaii landed him gigs touring worldwide with everyone from Ashlee Simpson to 30 Seconds to Mars.
- For more on U.G.L.Y., visit http://www.theempireugly.com/ / Twitter: @empireUGLY.
Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 7.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 600,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI’s repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit bmi.com, follow us on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) Facebook page.
Marlene Meraz, BMI