May 7, 2013
Adam Levine To Receive President’s Award At 61st Annual BMI Pop Awards In Beverly Hills On May 14
WHO: Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®), the leading global music rights organization, to honor GRAMMY Award-winning artist Adam Levine. Additional invited guests include:
• Maroon 5’s James Valentine
• Daughtry’s Chris Daughtry and Robin Diaz
• Gavin Degraw, Colbie Caillat, RedOne, Karmin’s Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan
• Tim James, Hot Chelle Rae’s Ryan Keith Follese & Nash Overstreet
• Christina Perri, Tim Pagnotta, Pleasure P
• Claude Kelly (Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Jordin Sparks)
• Ester Dean (Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Christina Aguilera)
• David Hodges (Jason Mraz, Train, Carrie Underwood)
• Bonnie McKee (Katy Perry, Taio Cruz, Britney Spears)
• Jeff Bhasker (Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Fun, Kanye West)
• Ali Tamposi (Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé)
• Dan Book, Alexei Misoul, Benj (Hot Chelle Rae)
• Mat Musto (Justin Beiber, Mike Posner, Machine Gun Kelly)
• Marti Frederiksen (Daughtry, Aerosmith, Faith Hill)
• Ammar Malik (Maroon 5, Gym Class Heroes)
• Carsten “Soulshock” Schack (Fantasia, Brandy, Usher, JoJo) and more hit-making scribes.
• BMI’s 61st annual Pop Awards is a black-tie, invitation-only dinner that will present the President’s Award to Adam Levine for his outstanding achievement in songwriting and his global impact on pop culture and the entertainment industry.
• The evening will also recognize the songwriters and publishers of the past year’s most-performed pop songs in the United States from BMI’s repertoire of more than 7.5 million musical works. The BMI Pop Song, Songwriter and Publisher of the Year will also be named during the ceremony.
• The 61st annual BMI Pop Awards will be hosted by BMI President & CEO Del Bryant and Barbara Cane, BMI Vice President & General Manager, Writer/Publisher Relations, Los Angeles.
• Tuesday, May 14, 2013
• Press check-in will be at 5:30 p.m.
• Arrivals begin at 6:30 p.m.; awards begin at approximately 9 p.m. Access is for arrivals only.
Beverly Wilshire Hotel
9500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
PRESS CREDENTIALS: To request press credentials visit http://www.bmi.com/press/. Press credentials will be for red-carpet arrivals only. A limited amount of media will be credentialed to cover the awards ceremony. Video and high-resolution photos from the event will be available.
COVERAGE INFORMATION: Photo and video footage: Event EPK will include interviews and the BMI Presidents Award acceptance speech.
Handout footage will be available by request and via EPKlink:
BMI does not grant nor give the license agreement for streaming or downloadable performance video footage that might be shot or obtained at this awards show. The media outlet is responsible for all of their own clearance agreements for duration of use for online or broadcast use.
ABOUT BMI: Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 7.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 600,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI’s repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit bmi.com, follow us on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) Facebook page.
Marlene Meraz, BMI
For Adam Levine
Carleen Donovan / Press Here Publicity