March 5, 2013
Banda El Recodo De Cruz Lizárraga to Receive BMI Icon Award at 20th Annual Latin Music Awards Ceremony in Las Vegas
- Legendary group Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizárraga, the world’s top Latin music songwriters, composers and publishers; and BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in rights management.
- The event will be hosted by BMI President & CEO Del Bryant and Delia Orjuela, BMI Vice President, Latin Music.
- BMI is an American performing rights organization that represents more than 550,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers, provides licenses for businesses that perform music, and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to the musical creators and copyright owners it represents.
- BMI’s 20th annual Latin Music Awards, Thursday, March 21 at the Grand Ballroom at Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas.
- The ceremony will honor the songwriters and publishers of the most-performed Latin songs on U.S. radio and television from the company’s repertoire of approximately 7.5 million musical works from around the world.
- Demonstrating the legendary group’s role as genre leaders, Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizárraga has toured the world, becoming the first Mexican artists to visit five continents, make more than 200 recordings, attaining sales exceeding 23 million copies, and have five consecutive years in which every single released reached number one on radio in Mexico and the United States. Band El Recodo’s accolades include multiple GRAMMY, Billboard, Que Bueno, Premios Lo Nuestro and Monitor Latino awards to name a few. Banda El Recodo was given its own day in Los Angeles in 2010 and in Las Vegas in 2008. They are also the only group that has performed at three World Cups in support of the Mexican National Soccer Team and the first Regional Mexican group to perform at the White House, making them living legends after 75 years and creating a firm place in the history of Mexican music.
- BMI will also unveil the Latin Song of the Year, Songwriter of the Year and Publisher of the Year. Previous BMI Latin Award winners include superstars Juanes, Shakira, Estéfano, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Wisin & Yandel, Espinoza Paz, Carlos Santana and more.
2013 BMI Icon Award honoree Banda el Recodo de Cruz Lizárraga. Prince Royce; Chino y Nacho; Gerardo Ortiz; Horacio Palencia; Dareyes de La Sierra’s Darey Castro; Gocho; Mana’s Sergio Vallin Mane de la Parra; Nesty; Rio Roma’s Jose Luis Roma; Roberto Tapia; Tierra Cali & more. More than 50 awards will be handed out during the ceremony.
The Grand Ballroom Bellagio Hotel Las Vegas (3600 Las Vegas Blvd S. Las Vegas, NV 89109)
Thursday, March 21
Press check-in will be at 5:00 p.m.; arrivals begin at 6:00 p.m.; line closes at 8 p.m. Access is for arrivals only.
To request press credentials visit http://www.bmi.com/press/. Press credentials will be for red carpet arrivals only. A limited amount of media will be credentialed to cover the awards ceremony. Video and high-resolution photos from the event will be available.
Photo and video footage: Event EPK will include interviews, performances and the BMI President’s Award acceptance speech.
Handout footage will be available by request and via EPKlink: http://www.epklink.com/bmilatinawards/.
BMI does not grant nor give the license agreement for streaming or downloadable performance video footage that might be shot or obtained at this awards show. The media outlet is responsible for all of their own clearance agreements for duration of use for online or broadcast use.
For more information contact:
Office 310-289-6325 / Cell 310-500-7177
For Banda El Recodo
Office 55755436 / Cell 0445540948933