Panelists Include Pablo Castro, Bruno Danzza, Espinoza Paz, Luigi Giraldo, Gustavo Laureano and Ramón González Mora
BMI will host its first Latin music “How I Wrote That Song” panel at the Billboard Latin Music Conference on Tuesday, April 8. The panel will feature leading songwriters in Latin music including Pablo Castro (Tigres del Norte), Bruno Danzza (Jenni Rivera), Espinoza Paz (el Potro de Sinaloa), Ramón González Mora (Conjunto Primavera), Luigi Giraldo (Kumbia All Starz) and Gustavo Laureano (La Secta). The discussion will be moderated by BMI Assistant Vice President, Latin Music, Delia Orjuela and will be held from 1:45 to 3 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL. For more information, please visit www.billboard.com/events or www.bmi.com.
In addition to sharing the stories behind their hit songs, the songwriters will perform excerpts from the tunes themselves. “How I Wrote That Song” is a panel series initially created by BMI in Los Angeles and is held annually during Grammy awards week.
The featured panelists number among Latin music’s most in-demand songwriters in both the regional and pop music formats:
- Espinoza Paz is from Sinaloa, Mexico and is signed to Machete Records. He currently has three songs on the Billboard “Hot Latin Charts” recorded by el Potro de Sinaloa, Duelo and La Autentica de Jerez. Paz’s compositions have also been performed by La Arrolladora, Banda El Limon, and Sergio Vega.
- Pablo Castro is originally from Chile, now based in Los Angeles. Preeminent artists including Banda Cuisillos and Tigres del Norte have recorded Castro’s songs.
- Bruno Danzza - aka Santos Diablito - is a Mexico City-based songwriter whose songs have been recorded by Jenni Rivera and Banda El Recodo, among others.
- Ramón González Mora is a San Antonio-based songwriter who has written songs for Conjunto Primavera, Bronco Rl Gigante de America and Los Mismos.
- Luigi Giraldo is a Miami-based songwriter originally from Venezuela who has written songs for the Kumbia All Starz.
- Gustavo Laureano is a Puerto Rican-based songwriter and lead vocalist for Latin rock group La Secta.
The 19th annual Billboard Latin Music Conference brings together over 1,000 music executives, artists, composers, sponsors and press. It will feature four full days of programming, showcases, educational sessions, parties and networking events. Conference highlights include the Billboard Bash, a pre-awards extravaganza featuring live performances by top acts, a full day of programming dedicated to radio programming, the Super Star Q&A with Enrique Iglesias, conducted by Billboard’s executive director of Latin content, Leila Cobo and The Billboard Latin Music Awards on Thursday, April 10th.
The Billboard Latin Music Conference & Awards is part of Billboard’s long-standing editorial commitment to Latin music coverage. Billboard magazine publishes weekly charts and an expanded weekly Latin music section as well as special stand sections 4 times a year which provides even more in-depth coverage. Please visit www.billboardevents.com for the full schedule of events and to register.