BMI Makes it Simple to Use Music In Your Business
Family entertainment centers (FEC) have evolved, offering many activities both indoors and outdoors. It’s important that your BMI music license align with the many ways you entertain your customers.
The BMI music license for Family Entertainment Centers gives your business access to over 18.7 million musical works created and owned by more than 1.2 million songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Music Matters in Family Entertainment Centers
Music adds value to your business and creates the ambiance that keeps customers coming back. According to a study by BMI and Leger, The Research Intelligence Group, consumers eat, drink and spend more when live music is playing1.
So, regardless of whether music is performed by a live band, DJ, karaoke, jukebox or other recorded use such as streaming, radio, or TV’s, permission must be granted from the copyright owner. This is how songwriters and composers are paid, and this is where BMI can help.
The BMI music license for FECs covers facilities with indoor and/or outdoor* activities such as:
- Competitive, arcade and redemption games
- Rides and other attractions, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Video Games
- Laser tag
- Bumper cars
- Batting cages
- Mini golf
*Outdoor attractions are defined as activities held outside which are NOT covered, heated or air-conditioned.
To qualify for this license your business must meet the following:
- Attendance is not counted
- No regular daily admission is charged for entrance into the premises.
- Charges are assessed for playing games, riding rides and other uses.
- No more than (50%) of gross revenues are derived from food and beverage operations
- Your Family Entertainment Center does NOT include venues with full-service nightclubs, health clubs, dance studios or similar facilities.
BMI’s Music License Saves You Time & Money
- SAVE TIME & MONEY A BMI license saves you the time and expense of contacting each songwriter or composer for permission to play their music publicly.
- 10% Timely Payment Discount You can save 10% if you return your payment within 30 days.
- FLEXIBILITY Our flexible payment options allow you to pay annually, bi-annually or quarterly.
- SIMPLICITY Eliminates complex music use reporting, just answer 3 questions upon setting up your license and you are all set.
- CONVENIENT You can manage your account online as well as securely pay your bill online or by phone.
1A survey of 2,244 Americans was completed online between May 17-24, 2016. A probability sample of the same size would yield a margin of error of +/- 2.1%, 19 times out of 20.