Music Licensing for Zoos & Aquariums

Have questions about the use of music in your zoo or aquarium?  Please review the frequently asked questions below or contact a BMI representative with additional questions.

Common Questions

Q: What does this music license cover?

Q: If an individual exhibitor or an organization is sponsoring an event, who is responsible for the fee?

Q: Do we need a music license if we are a nonprofit organization?

Q: How long does a work remain in copyright and what is Public Domain?

Q: How is my fee calculated?

Q: How do I pay my licensing fee?

Q: How do I report my music use?