Music Licensing for Websites

Website Music Performance Agreement

The Standard Website Music Performance Agreement is generally for commercial entities that have the potential to generate revenues from the operation of the website but is not considered a Music Service, as defined below. Some possible sources of revenue may be subscription fees, online time, advertising, or sponsorships, to name a few. More about the Standard Website License.

Music Service Agreement

The Music Service Agreement is for Internet websites, mobile applications, or services, or a designated portion or section thereof, the central focus of which is the transmission of audio and/or audio-visual material comprising predominantly feature uses of music (e.g., music-formatted radio, on-demand transmissions of music recordings or music videos, live concerts), as opposed to programming with background or incidental and/or occasional feature uses of music (e.g., news/talk radio, situational comedies, feature films).  If your website or service is a Music Service, or you are not sure if your service is a Music Service, contact us at: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Corporate Image License

The Corporate Image Website Music Performance Agreement is used if your website’s primary function is to promote your business or corporate image, or generate little or no direct revenue from music.  The Corporate Image License has a rate based on traffic to pages on your website. More about the Corporate Image Website License.

Non-Commercial Website License

The Non-Commercial Website Music Performance License is offered to any bona fide 501(C)(3) Not-For-Profit Organizations, churches, schools, or other related charitable organizations to cover the use of BMI music on their web sites.  The Non-Commercial Website License has a rate based on traffic to pages on your website. More about the Non-Commercial Website License.