- David Fulmer Named Winner of the 2013 Carlos Surinach Commission
- BMI Foundation Awards 8th Annual Woody Guthrie Fellowships
- 15th Annual John Lennon Scholarship Winners Announced
- 61st Annual BMI Student Composer Awards Competition Underway
- David F. Bills, Richard A. Garza, and Samantha Cox Elected as Officers of BMI Foundation, Inc.
- Porfirio Piña Elected President of Board of BMI Foundation, Inc.
- BMI Student Composer Awards
- Boudleaux Bryant Commissions
- Carlos Surinach Commissions
- Charlie Parker Jazz Composition Prize
- Evelyn Buckstein Scholarship
- General Grants
- Harriette Schiff Roth Scholarship
- Jean Pratt Scholarship
- Jerry Bock Musical Theatre Award
- Jerry Harrington Musical Theatre Awards
- John Lennon Scholarships
- Lionel Newman Conducting Scholarship
- Milton Adolphus Award
- peermusic Latin Scholarship
- Robert Sherman Scholarship
- Theodora Zavin Scholarship
- Un Canto al Cambio Scholarship
- Women’s Music Commission
- Woody Guthrie Fellowship Program
BMI Foundation, Inc.
BMI Foundation, Inc.
7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10007-0030
BMI Foundation, Pepsi Blue Carpet Bash Bow Music Enrichment Fund Scholarship
The BMI Foundation, Inc. and Pepsi Blue Carpet Bash have announced the opening of the Music Enrichment Fund Scholarship, a competition for young songwriters and composers. The annual competition offers three scholarships, one for $10,000 and two for $5,000, which will be awarded to the best three songs or instrumental compositions in any Latin genre. The recipients of the scholarships may have their winning works performed or played at the final Pepsi Blue Carpet Bash event scheduled to take place November 2008.
Generously funded by Pepsi, the 2008 competition gives songwriters a unique opportunity to compete against the best young talent in the country and earn money for their education. The competition is open to students between the ages of 21 and 28 enrolled in any college or university in the United States and Puerto Rico. All words and music must be original. The postmark deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 30, 2008. Competition rules and applications are available online on the here.