BMI Member FAQs

« Back to FAQs What do I do if my song is being played on radio, TV or Internet?

First of all, congratulations! Now, you need to make sure your work is registered. As soon as a song is published and/or recorded, it should be registered with and reported to BMI. BMI’s ability to license and monitor the performances of a composition is dependent upon the accuracy and timeliness of this reported information. Without it, you may miss out on royalties.

Typically, a publisher will register songs for songwriters. Early registration of works will help prevent lost royalties, so make sure your songs are registered.

FAQ Categories

Need Support?

Can't find something you are looking for? Contact us.